Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ottavia become's a Child of the LORD!!

I'm laughing to myself at the title of my blog...am I super religious?? No...do I believe in god and was I raised Catholic?? Yes....do we rush out of bed on a sunday to sit in mass?? No...but did I want my daughter baptised because thats just what we feel was best?? Yes!

Ottavia got baptized in Regina with her 2 other cousins. I was a little concerned about the whole situation....she's a little older so getting water/oil poured on the head was probably not the greatest idea. Also we had to sit in a LONG Easter sunday service, then 9 kids were to be baptized after...UGH..i was dreading this, it was going to go right into nap time, no lunch..it was just a disaster in the making.

That morning Tino and I explained to her what was going to happen. When church started she was VERY interested in "GUY" (priest) who was on the alter. We said that "guys" is going to pour water on your head etc. The end of mass arrived and nobody was leaving..probably because 3/4 of the church was full of families of all the kids being baptized. We had about 10 mins of madness where...Her ponies got ripped out..asking to go night night etc but it soon passed and she just sat there until it was our turn. We made our way to the front of the church...she tipped her head back, he did his thing and she smiled and says..ohhh Wa wa! It was cute. After the priest then came over and poured and ENTIRE handfull of oil on her hair and rubbed it in.......needless to say, her hair stills smells like it!

Baptism success!!
















1 comment:

  1. She looks so sweet in her white dress and very unsure when the priest is touching her. =)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete